This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us through our site, apps, or any other services provided by us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The website at , ("our site"), the mobile applications (the “apps”), and any other Cheapflights services which are available on our site or apps, or which refer to this policy are operated by Momondo Group Limited, to which the words "we", "us" and "our" refer.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03914064. The address of our registered office and principal place of business is One Alfred Place, London WC1E 7EB, United Kingdom. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") we are the data controller, and are registered in the Data Protection Register under registration number Z7714834.
If you have questions about this policy please contact us via our Feedback page or by post (marked for the attention of the Customer Services Manager) at the address given above.
We may collect and process the following data about you, including:-
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or apps. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or apps, subscribing to one of our services (e.g. our newsletter), posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site or apps;
- if you book a travel product through Cheapflights, information such as your name (and traveller’s name if different), date of birth, passport details, email address, telephone number, billing address, itinerary, and frequent flyer details. You can also choose to store personal information in your user account for future bookings.
- a record of any correspondence with you;
- your responses to our requests to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of which of our services you are interested in;
- details of your visits to our site and apps including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication and usage data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access. Before processing any precise live geolocation data through our apps, you will be prompted to give your consent to such processing, which you can revoke by changing the privacy settings of your device. If you do not give consent to such processing, we will not process such geolocation data through the app;
- information on whether you have opened and clicked on certain content in our newsletters;
- information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers; and
- information obtained from cookies, as to which please see below.
- If you choose to login with Facebook Login https://developers.facebook.com/products/login/ or Google+ Sign-in https://developers.google.com/+/features/sign-in you are permitting Cheapflights to use and store that information related to the profile allowing us to make use of any social media features on our website or apps. The social media provider may send us information in line with their policies which may include your name, profile picture, gender, friend lists and any other information you have chosen to make available. Other information regarding recommendations exchanged between you and your friends may also be shared. Please note that, if your Facebook or Google+ friends are using Cheapflights, they may have shared information about you with us through Facebook Login or Google+ Sign-in. If you wish to prevent that sharing, you can do so by editing your Facebook or Google+ privacy settings or the relevant settings/preferences for other social media providers.
- Information about your travel companions. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences as any access to view or change their information will be available through your profile. If you store information on your children, you are consenting to our processing of such data on behalf of your children.
We do not want you to receive unwanted email from us. We try to make it easy for you to opt out of any service that you have asked to receive. If you sign up to our email newsletters we will only share such information as explained in the section below entitled "disclosure of your information".
Email addresses are collected via our site, apps, co-registration partners and third party marketing lists and promotions. Users can to sign up to receive our newsletter through the site. After signing up, we will send a confirmation email to the email address provided to ensure the address is correct. We are clearly named at the point of collection and in any subsequent email.
We use email addresses to send you important messages about your account, as well as offers and information which we think are of interest to you, including our weekly Travel Deals Alert Newsletter and occasional mailings to assist in market research.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication, by emailing us via our Feedback page or by managing your privacy settings in your account. Alternatively, please visit our Newsletter Unsubscribe to be removed from future communications.
All personal data you provide to us is stored on our servers. At present we have servers located within the EEA (European Economic Area).
We use information held about you in various ways including:
- to enable us to pass it to partners to prevent you from having to re-enter the data each time you book with a different partner through us;
- to ensure that content from our site and apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with materials which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to provide you with customer support, respond to your queries, and investigate complaints, abuse, or other allegations;
- to verify your right to access certain features of the site and apps;
- to personalize and customize the content and relevant trip services that you are offered;
- to improve our site, apps and services including by analysing survey results;
- to manage our business and protect the quality of the site, apps, and services, including analytics and statistical research on the use of our site or apps;
- to create aggregated and anonymised reports to identify trends amongst our users which we may share with third parties;
- to perform functions as otherwise described to you at the point of collection;
- to provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third party sites and applications.
We may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes mentioned above to any member of our group, which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. This also includes entities which we may acquire as part of an acquisition at a future date.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if you book a travel product through Cheapflights, we may share your personal information with the payment service providers and the travel vendors you have booked with. These third parties will process your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to business partners: when you engage in promotions offered through the site, apps or services, we may share information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes . When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant;
- we may also allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site, apps or services or use certain identifiers for the purpose of advertising and direct marketing. These companies may use technologies to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
- in the form of aggregated information about our users in order to provide interested third parties with data about target audiences.
The security of your personal information, including your email address and postcode, is important to us. We follow generally-accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during registration and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however.
If you have any questions about the security on our website, please contact by us via our Feedback page and one of our designated correspondents will respond to your query.
If you choose to include personally identifiable information in your comments, open text fields, or other areas of the web site or the apps intended for public viewing, other users will be able to view and use this information. We recommend against posting your email address and other personally identifiable information in this manner unless you are comfortable with the possibility of receiving unwanted contact.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via our Feedback page.
Our site or apps may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can exercise your right by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The banners and all graphical advertising appearing on our site are delivered to you, on our behalf, by DFP. Information about your visit to our site, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or any other personal information) is used to serve advertisements to you on our site. For more information please contact us via our Feedback page.
We do not sell you travel products, but direct you to sites that do and may offer tools to facilitate the booking process. These sites may store information such as your name and address and credit card details. They may operate their own privacy policies.
We use the "share this widget" on our site or apps to enable our users to tell their friends about the site or apps, by allowing them to send a onetime email within the widget, inviting their friend to visit site. We do not have access to any of the personal information collected within this widget. We also use this widget to allow users to log into their third party social networking accounts and share a link to our site or apps with their friends.
We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page. Any material changes to this policy will be notified to you, including through a notice of new terms on our website. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes that we make to it, as they are binding on you. Your use of the sites or apps following such changes shall constitute your acceptance of the revised policy then in effect. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site or apps.
Thank you for visiting our site and apps.